One of the leading email service providers, Yahoo mail sign up, is consistently emerging with new and advanced features. This makes it one of the top choices of many individuals across the globe. How to Resolve, Yahoo Mail not receiving emails?
However, like other emailing platforms, My Yahoo Mail also encounters technical glitches, and users often come across other issues like Yahoo Mail not receiving emails. When such instances occur, you could be in trouble as you might be expecting an important email but could not access it.
While there could be several reasons why your Yahoo Mail not receiving emails, you can follow some easy troubleshooting techniques to get rid of the issue and start enjoying the services of yahoo mail login. Read on to explore why such problems occur and how you can fix them.
Reasons Why Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails
Before we start discussing how you can troubleshoot the issue, Yahoo Mail not receiving emails, it is recommended that you identify the reason behind the problem. This will help you in effectively resolving the issue.
Besides, it will give you a basic idea of the possible causes of the error that could help troubleshoot the issue if the same happens in the future. Depending on the nature of the problem, several causes can lead to the mail yahoo not receiving emails issue. However, we have mentioned a list of some of the primary reasons below:
- Account issues
- System interruptions
- User Error
While a few of these reasons can be resolved directly; however, the others may require you to wait until the issue resolves automatically.
Tips To Fix The Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails Issue
On A Computer System:
If you are using a computer and encounter the Yahoo Mail not receiving email issue, follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
- Log into your My yahoo mail account and compose a test email to send it to yourself
- If you don’t receive the test email, then examine the reason behind the issue and try to fix it
- In case you don’t face any challenges, you can ensure that Yahoo Mail is working fine
- If you fail to send or receive any email, you will receive an email with a specific error code. You can walk through the email to get a better idea of the issue.
- Next, verify the account settings of your Yahoo Mail inbox account
- Check your spam folder and see if the email is mistakenly marked as spam
- Verify and check whether you have barred the sender or not
- Check the email filters in your Yahoo Mail account. Prior to looking through all of your folders, it is recommended that you check the Filters section in your Yahoo Mail settings. This helps you in identifying and changing the rules you might have set up.
- Cross-check with the email sender and ensure that your email ID is correctly typed.
Instances occur when you send an email to someone; however, the email doesn’t get delivered and you receive a failed delivery message, read as “MAILER-DAEMON”.
This notification means that the email that you have sent was undeliverable and has bounced back to you. While such notifications are generated automatically, they have specific reasons for the email delivery failure. The Mailer Daemon or the bounced notification usually includes the following:
- The cause of the bounce
- Your original email
On A Mobile Phone:
If you are using Yahoo Mail on a mobile phone or if you are using a browser on it and face the Yahoo Mail not receiving issue, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
- Ensure that the mobile phone is connected to the internet
- Ensure that you are using an updated version of the web browser on the mobile phone
- Force stop the browser, if any, and restart it
- Clear the web browser’s internal memory and the cache files
- Disable private browsing and allow the placement services on your mobile phone
- Restart the mobile phone
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the web browser
- Use a different web browser
- Update your mobile phone to its recent version
Now that you have seen how you can troubleshoot the Yahoo Mail not receiving emails issue on a mobile phone web browser, follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting guidelines if you are using the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile phone:
- Update the Yahoo Mail app by launching the App Store on your device
- Next, under the “My applications” tab, select the Yahoo Mail app
- Tap on the “Updates” tab, and then on “Update”. In case you don’t notice the “Update” option, it means that the app is up-to-date.
Another way to resolve the Yahoo Mail not receiving emails issue is by registering and signing out of the Yahoo Mail app. Here’s what you can do:
- Go to the application menu on your mobile phone
- Tap on the profile icon and then on the sign-out option
- Login again with appropriate login credentials and check whether the issue has been resolved or not
Alternatively, you can uninstall and reinstall the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile phone. Here’s how to do it:
Steps to Uninstall Yahoo Mail App
- On your mobile phone, go to the menu and tap on Settings
- Locate the ‘Accounts & Sync’ option and tap on it
- Under the Manage Accounts option, select the account you are facing the trouble with
- Tap on the ‘Remove Account’ tab
Steps to Reinstall Yahoo Mail App:
- On your mobile phone, tap on settings under the menu tab
- Tap on Add Account under the Accounts option
- Tap on Email and enter your complete email address and password
- Tap Next and select how often the app verifies for new email
- Tap on Next
- Enter a description and your name
- Tap on Next and check if the issue, Yahoo Mail not receiving emails is resolved
While Yahoo Mail serves you all the basic and advanced emailing features, issues like Yahoo Mail not receiving emails often restrict you from fulfilling your communication requirements.
If you use a mobile phone with the Yahoo Mail app, a browser, or a computer system for accessing your emails, and encounter challenges in receiving them, follow the various troubleshooting techniques the exact way, as listed here. It will help you resolve the issue effectively while ensuring a quick start over with your emails on Yahoo.