If you are sitting on a Windows PC reading this article, various operating systems have helped you get here. They enable you to turn on your PC, build a graphical interface to let you sign in to yourphone.exe Windows, connect to the Internet, open your web browser, and more.
Windows has a variety of processes and applications, but most of them are probably unfamiliar to you. One strategy you may not have heard of is yourphone exe. Unlike other operating systems such as svchost.exe, yourphone.exe is a new operating system installed on Windows 10. Here’s everything you need to know about Yourphone.exe.
What is yourphone.exe and should you disable it?
If you see the process of yourphone.exe (or similar) running in Windows Task Manager, then you are running Windows 10, and you have your phone running in the background.
Your phone app is a new Windows feature that lets you sync your Windows device with an Android smartphone or tablet running Android 7 or later. It will help you read your device’s notifications, including incoming messages, without having to look directly at you yourphone.exe windows 10 or Android device.
If you are an iPhone or iPad user, you can still use your phone app, but you are limited in sharing a browser link, with no other features currently available. You’ll need Microsoft Edge installed on your iPhone or iPad to be able to do this. You can share files and photos between your devices, reply to messages from your PC, and more.
It’s a Microsoft program, so it’s very safe to continue working on your PC. However, if you want to disable it, you can. You can manually configure yourphone.exe process in Windows Task Manager, or you can disable it running in the background in Windows settings. You can delete it completely using Windows PowerShell.
How to Manually Setup Yourphone.exe Process
If you think yourphone.exe process is running on your PC and you want to stop it, you can use Windows Task Manager. To do this, you’ll need to open Windows Task Manager by right-clicking the task bar at the bottom of your screen. From the options menu, press Task Manager. Alternatively, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to open it manually. In the Windows Task Manager window, search for your phone’s process.
When the app is open, this will appear as your phone. If it works in the background, it may look like your phone instead. To stop your phone or phone process, right-click and press the End Task option. This will terminate the operating process until the next time you restart or open your phone app manually. If you use your phone features, this will prevent the app from running in the background. You will not receive notifications or synced messages from your Android device until the app is reopened.
Disabling your Phone App on Windows 10
Finishing yourphone.exe process will stop the application from running until you restart. If you want to prevent it from automatically downloading in the background when you restart your PC, you will need to disable it in your Windows Settings menu. To open Windows settings, right-click on the start menu and press the Settings option.
In the Settings window, press Privacy> Background applications. From here, a list of applications that can run in the background will be listed. Find your phone app by scrolling to the list on the right. To disable it, click the slide next to it in the closed area. Once disabled, your phone application will no longer be able to run in the background. The next time you restart your PC, the application will no longer appear in the Windows Task Manager process until you open the application.
If you never use the app, the app will never appear unless you open it. This will leave it crippled but ready for use, if you change your mind in the future.
Deleting your phone application (Yourphone.exe) using Windows PowerShell
Disabling your phone application by disabling it in the background will leave it disabled, but you will still be able to open it manually. If you want to remove it completely, you will need to use Windows PowerShell.
While it is advisable to remove Windows built-in items, it is safe to uninstall this application. It is not part of the basic system, so it should not interfere with any other features. Uninstalling will stop you from syncing your Android device with Windows, but you can re-install the app in the Microsoft Store later.
- To uninstall your phone exe, you will need to open the PowerShell window with administrative access. To do this, right-click on the start menu and press the Windows PowerShell option.
- In the Windows PowerShell window, you can execute a command to block things used on your phone (including yourphone.exe) from running. To do this, type Microsoft’s Get-Appx Package. Your Phone – All Users | Remove-Package Appx and hit Enter.
- You will not see confirmation that your phone application has been deleted. If the command is successful, no response in the PowerShell window will be recorded. You may also need to delete the installation files of your phone application after doing this. You can access these files by opening the C: \ Program Files \ Windows Apps \ folder in Windows File Explorer.
- In Folder C: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps, look for an additional folder starting with Microsoft. Phone (for example, Microsoft.YourPhone_1.20081.117.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe). The folder name will change depending on the type of application currently installed on your PC. Several folders with Microsoft. Your phone tag might be listed, so look for a folder that contains a system design tag (e.g. X64).
- To delete a folder, right-click and then Delete. This will delete all your phone system files, including yourphone exe file.
- You may need to press Continue to Folder Login pop-up to grant permission to delete a folder.
- If the folder will not delete, you can use the Windows PowerShell command to force it. To do this, type Delete-Object-path “C: \ Program Files \ Windows Apps \ Microsoft.YourPhone_1.20081.117.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe” and press Enter. Change Microsoft. Your phone system has the right approach for your PC first, depending on the type of application. After executing the command, press Y to confirm the removal.
If the command is successful, the folder (and all files contained within) should be deleted. If the command returns an error, make sure that your phone application is no longer working, and use the -Force tag at the end of the order to force Windows to delete all your phone files.
Understanding Key System Processes in Windows 10
Some system processes, such as yourphone exe, are considered important for your Windows 10 installation, and stopping or uninstalling may cause Windows to stop working. Thankfully, your phone app isn’t that important, so if you want to uninstall it, you can, although it’s best to disable it and leave it in a convenient location.
If you are concerned about unfamiliar Windows Task Manager Processes, you may have to scan for malware to make sure your PC is still safe. If you do not have antivirus protection, then there are a number of anti-virus tools you can use instead, including a Windows Security tool built-in.
So, that’s about Yourphone.exe Windows 10. Explain what the purpose of your reference is. In simple words, Your phone exe is not a virus or malware. Some people want to disable this process because it can slow down the computer and affect its performance. If so, disabling Yourphone exe is possible. In this article, we have explained how you can do this without having to deal with many problems.