Remember those days when we used to buy and install programs on our personal computers? It was such a hectic process to do. But nowadays due to the advancement of new technologies, we do not require any kind of installation to use the application. And this is all because of cloud-based services. SaaS is one of the three models of Cloud-computing that caters to businesses with lots of benefits. So, if you desire to have detailed information about the SaaS and its benefits, then this blog is right for you.
What is SaaS in cloud computing?
Saas i.e. Software as a Service is one of the models of cloud computing (next to PaaS- Platform, as a Service and IaaS- Infrastructure as a Service) where the application is built and kept on the Software provider’s computers. It is available for online consumers.
In Software as a Service (SaaS), there is no need to install the application on the end user’s E-device like Pcs, Laptops, etc. Furthermore, the SaaS model transfers the installation, administration, and tech support away from the user, to the service providers. Here, the complete control of the software is in the hands of the service providers, who undertake the role of making sure that it works properly.
You can also say that SaaS in cloud computing is a software licensing and delivery model in which software is licensed on a subscription basis and is centrally hosted. SaaS is also well-known as “on-demand software” and can be accessed by users via a web browser.
Purpose of SaaS
Software as a Service eliminates the requirement for businesses to install and run applications on their computers or in their own data centers. It requires an investment in terms of infrastructure, logistics, and manpower. SaaS eliminates the extra hardware and maintenance cost.
SaaS based Application
There are many SaaS applications available and thus we have analyzed hundreds of different applications that help grow global businesses. Some applications include:
- Project management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Mailing automation
- Communication apps
- Website building software
- Social media applications
- Live Chats / Call back apps
- Analytical software
- Lead capturing tools
Advantages & Disadvantages of SaaS
Advantages of SaaS in cloud Computing
You can fetch your stored data from anywhere and anytime with the help of strong network connectivity. You do not have to worry about the operating system it is accessible via Laptops or mobiles
- You can also get benefits by using a trial version. And to use it for a longer period, you can pay the service provider as per usage.
- For larger environments, app offering can be used to test the software before buying it.
- Pricing most often depends on the number of users (directly proportional to the scale of your organization). You can also select from different pricing plans that bets-suit for your organization. Furthermore, maintenance costs have also got reduced as well. The SaaS service providers own the environment and it is split among all consumers that use that solution.
- You not only get the tool but the support, care as well. Here, you a well-organized and question-based assistance and email or chat support too.
- No long-term contract with the software provider. You simply pay for a month or avail annual subscription. And if you do not want to use the software, you can simply unsubscribe or resign from using the software.
Disadvantages of SaaS in cloud Computing
A strong internet connection is a must. As if you do not have sufficient access to the internet you won’t be able to access the data.
- Each time you begin using a new application, you require adding a fresh connection making the process more time-taking and problematic.
- Each application has its bill that means you need to pay for each application that you want to access.
- Users can neither edit nor do changes in the design of the software.
How to Choose SaaS applications?
There are thousands of different SaaS apps available in the market. And picking the one for your enterprise can be tricky. So it’s worth considering a few important things when searching for your business software. A few of them include:
- Does it help you automate your routine tasks?
- Is it user-friendly?
- Does it provide customer support?
- Does it integrate with other applications I use?
Future of SaaS cloud computing
Sa aS companies will invest more and more in AI and machine learning, to be even more accurate when it comes to personalization, dynamic advert, and so on. The latest research shows that the majority of businesses believe that Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning is the future.
From the business point of view, Artificial Intelligence offers us an advanced amount of responsiveness. And the interaction between consumers and technologies has driven AI-based SaaS to another height. And AI-supported chatbots will also automate the process of Saas.
Now, all the data are stored on the cloud means on one single place. So it is easy to retrieve the data and analyze it to boost efficiency and productivity.
If you are launching a startup, you need to optimize your expenses, and thus implementing SaaS is can be a cost-effective way to do it. You need to get access to a service once instead of buying hardware to build and develop your product. With SaaS, you can manage your workloads pretty effectively just by upgrading the subscription.