Nowadays, there is great debate among iPhone and Android users that the iPhone is superior to Android because it invented the I messaging app like imessage for android, which only facilitates its users. In this article you will learn about How to get iMessage on Android and Use imessage for android updated 2021.
iMessage is Apple’s instant messaging service that sends messages over the Internet, using your data. They only work when you have an Internet connection. To send messages, you need a data plan, or you can send them over WiFi. Sending pictures or videos over imessage for android can use a lot of data very quickly.
In the following article, we will discuss imessage for android or imessage on mac how it is used moving Android and how to set up iMessage on Android. If you want to know everything read the complete article.
What is iMessage for Android?
iMessage for Android is an incredibly attractive messaging service that, like WhatsApp, lets users exchange texts, photos, videos, voice notes, and more. Still, Android users can’t get in on the fun – officially, anyway.
Why? Simply put, you can’t use iMessage on Android because Apple’s messaging service runs on a unique end-to-end encrypted system using its dedicated servers. And, because the messages remain encrypted, the messaging network is merely available to devices that know how to decrypt the messages.
It should appear as no surprise that Apple, the same company that bought out Dark Sky including shuttered the Android counterpart, doesn’t offer an iMessage for Android users – it wants the cool effects and features to be exclusive to an iPhone, iPad, or Mac. That obtaining said, there is a method to get around the end-to-end encryption, but it’ll require a Mac and an iMessage for Android app. We outline the process of utilizing iMessage on Android right here.
How to use iMessage on Android?
While you can’t just download an iMessage for Android app on your Android, imessage on mac and message your Apple-based friends, workaround apps are available. However, these all need a Mac for use, as the Mac works as a middle-man connecting your Android and the end-to-end encrypted servers that Apple uses for iMessage on mac.
That suggests your messages are sent via the Android app, which then relays the Message to iMessage on Mac and sends it onto the receiver, and vice-versa. The only catch? Your Mac has to be powered on and connected to the Internet to use the service. We outline Air Message here, as we’ve found it to be one of the more straightforward ways to access iMessage for Android, but there are plenty of alternatives available online.
One of the critical variations between iPhone and Android is Android devices can’t use iMessage. That’s correct, but if you have the right software, the right kind of computer, and some technical savvy, or at least an appetite for experimentation, it’s possible to set up iMessage for your Android phone.
These directions work individually if you have access to a Mac device and if your Android phone is operating Android 5.0 or newer. You’ll be utilizing software that hasn’t transpired through the typical Apple approval method. While there’s zip wrong with that, you do come to trust the software developer to ruin your belief.
Why You Can’t Frequently Use iMessage for Android
You regularly can’t use iMessage on Android because Apple practices a unique end-to-end encryption system in iMessage that ensures the messages from the device they are sent on, through Apple’s servers the device receiving them. Because the messages are encrypted, the iMessage for Android interface is just usable by devices that know how to decrypt the messages.
Apple keeps iMessage, and all of its cool features and effects, including iMessage apps, exclusive to devices running iOS and macOS as a way to drive people to buy its merchandise. That’s why there’s never iMessage for Android app accessible on the Google Play store.
That said, there is an entire way about Apple’s control over iMessage: a plan called weMessage.
What You Need to Use weMessage
To use weMessage, you need the following:
- An iMessage account: This is apparently your actual Apple ID.
- A Mac is running macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or more powerful: Applying weMessage requires running a program on your Mac.
- Java 7 or higher download on your Mac.
- An Android phone is running Android OS 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher.
- The weMessage app download on your Android phone.
How weMessage lets You Use iMessage for Android
While iMessage can’t operate on Android devices, iMessage does work on both iOS and macOS. It’s the Mac compatibility that involves most here. weMessage is a program for Mac that provides data through these iMessage networks.
This means all of your texts are allotted to weMessage, and then you passed on to iMessage for sending to and from macOS, iOS, and Android devices, while yet using Apple’s encryption.
How to Set up we Message to Apply iMessage for Android
WeMessage is a very smart workaround for dealing with Apple’s security for iMessage, but setting it up is not for the tech amateur, roughly the unconsciousness of heart. There is a lot about steps here, and it requires a more complex configuration than most plans. But, if you’re devoted to getting iMessage on Android, it’s your only option. Here’s what you need to do.
Configure weMessage On Mac
- You need Java established at your Mac to use weMessage. Check that you have it by operating to Applications > Utilities, then launching the Terminal app pre-installed on your Mac. Standard Java, then click on return.
If you get an error, you do not have Java. If you do not see the error, we got it. Make sure you we got the latest version by downloading it here.
- Next, you download the weMessage program to your Mac.
- In the weMessage folder, double-click the run. Command file to launch weMessage. If you get an error maintaining the program can’t run because it’s from an unidentified developer, click the Apple logo> System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, then click Open Anyway.
- Next up, you will need to enable some Accessibility features of your Mac. In the System Preferences> Safety & Privacy screen, click the Privacy tab, then click Accessibility.
- Click the lock icon at the rear left to unlock your settings. If prompted, enter the password you do to log into your Mac.
- Click the +icon, then navigate into your hard drive to Applications> Utilities.
- Click Terminal> Open.
- Double-click run.command again to launch the program. This will launch a Terminal window.
- Enter this email address you use with iMessage.
How To Set up weMessage On Android
- On your Android device, agree to the Google Play Store and install the weMessage app.
- Launch weMessage on your Android.
- Tap Continue.
- In the Permissions Error prompt, touch OKAY to give the app permission to access your device settings.
- When Settings opens, tap this button next to Allow modifying system settingsto provide weMessage access.
- Tap the back arrow at the tip to return to the app.
- When asked to choose one default SMS app, tap weMessage and then Set as default. Choose OKAY on the “help” prompt.
- Enter your Mac’s IP address within the app so that it knows how to communicate with your computer. Discover how to find your IP addressif you’re not sure how.
- Enter your iMessage email address and unique password you chose during setup above.
- Enter your iMessage email address, including the password you picked when setup above.
Assuming everything is configured correctly, you will see a screen for all your communications. Test that you can send iMessage text messages from Android on texting an iPhone; you will know it’s running if the text bubbles are blue.
You’re Not Done Yet!
So far, the instructions only work when your Android phone is on the same Wi-Fi network as your Mac. That’s helpful, but you want your Android to use I Message no matter where you are. To accomplish that, you need to set up Port Forwarding.
Port Forwarding configures your home WiFi network to let in connections from the outside. That is how your Android device will connect back to we Message app on your Mac from anywhere.
The navigate through you set up Port Forwarding is another for pretty much every router or modem. Because of that, there is not only set of instructions that can be provided. The great way to learn to do this is by using video and education on the weMessage website. Once you wiill set up Port Forwarding, test the setup by turning off WiFi on your Android device and sending a text to someone using iMessage for Android.
Imessage is a messaging app developed specially for iPhone user to provide instant messaging services like whatsapp but if you are android user and you get disappointment so no there is a way through which you use it in above mentioned articles by following the steps you will enjoy instant messaging from your android devices hope you understand the step so download it now and message instantly.