Happy Valentines Day Quotes on February 14, marked with roses, gifts, and hearts, is also one of the year’s most romantic days. Millions of lovers exchange small presents on that day, hold candlelit meals, and confess their fidelity to each other. Although its roots are still murky, during Happy Valentines Day, one can’t argue that love is still in the breeze.
Romance can be synonymous with Valentine’s Day, but the root of the holiday isn’t romantic. Here’s the history you do not know of Happy Valentines Day and what Valentine’s Day 2021 is so that you can prepare accordingly. Happy Valentines Day, also known as St. Valentine’s Day, is a holiday February 14, where couples with greetings and presents show their devotion.
The holiday goes back to the Roman festival of Lupercalia, which took place in mid-February. Imagination customs and the joining of women with men by lottery were included in the celebration, which marked the spring arrival. Pope Gelasius, I replaced Lupercalia with Saint Valentine’s Day at the end of the 5th century. It came to be celebrated in the 14th century as a day of romance. On Sunday, February 14, 2021, Happy Valentines Day is celebrated.
Who is St. Valentines’?
The day is named after a prominent saint, but there are various stories about who he was. The standard theory about Saint Valentine is that he was a priest from Rome in the third century AD.
On this day, how Happy Valentines Day originated is still discussed. Most say that it is in honour of the patron saint of marriage, St. Valentine. Yet, at least three of the same name are in the Catholic Church, all martyrs out of devotion.
St. Valentine the Priest, who lived in Rome during the third century, is here. According to tradition, Emperor Claudius II decreed that single soldiers were safer than married or love-struck ones. So he ordered the outlawing of marriage for young men. St. Valentine’s priest felt this was an injustice and proceeded to execute the ceremony, costing him his life illegally.
Another tale speaks of St. Valentine himself in Rome as a prisoner. “He fell in love with a girl, rumoured to be the daughter of his prisoner, and sent the first letter of love signed “From your Valentine. Other reports also say that he was a priest. He was a martyr, others claim, who helped criminals flee the brutal Roman jails.
Happy Valentines Day Origins
Some claim that Valentine’s Day arose from ‘christianizing’ a pagan holiday called Lupercalia, apart from assuming that the romantic holiday came from St. Valentine. On February 14, Lupercalia was celebrated and was mainly a fertility rite devoted to the Roman god of agriculture, Faunus.
The holiday is a commemoration of Romulus and Remus, the Roman leaders. Young women will also put their names on a giant urn, in addition to animal sacrifices, where
bachelors could select one and be partnered with that young woman for the remainder of the year. Most of these pairings resulted in marriage, Folklore claims. No matter how you want to spend Happy Valentines Day of Hearts, to help you share your love, here are some romantic Valentine’s Day quotes.
How did basically Valentine’s Day start?
In the year 496, the first Happy Valentines Day was! It is a very old tradition to hold a specific Valentine’s Day, believed to have arisen from a Roman festival. In the middle of February, the Romans had a festival called Lupercalia – technically the beginning of their springtime.
It is assumed that boys drew the names of girls from a box as part of the festivities. During the festival, they would be boyfriends and partners and occasionally they would get married. The church later tried to make this festival a Christian holiday and planned to use it to honour St. Valentine as well. Gradually, the term St Valentine continued to be used by individuals to express their emotions to those they loved.
Top 50 Happy Valentines Day Quotes
- “By giving love, you always gain.” —Reese Witherspoon
- “Finally, couples don’t meet elsewhere. “All along, they’re in each other.”—Rumii
- “Without sunshine, a flower can not flower, and man can not live without love.”—Max Muller
- “As the years multiply, love grows more enormously full, swift, poignant.”—Zane Grey
- “If I had a flower every time I thought about you, I could walk forever through my garden.” —Alfred Tennyson
- “You have to find your best self, and for dear life, you have to hold on to it when you do.”—Cheryl Strayed
- “Love is like the wind; you can not see it, but you can feel it.” —Nicholas Sparks
- “You are loved and you are loved. “No reason for love is required.” —Paulo Coelho
- “Any time you love, love as intensely as if it were forever.” —Audre Lorde
- “Love is not just looking at each other; it’s looking in the same direction.” —Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “I carry your heart (in my heart, I carry it).” —E.E. Cummings
- “The only thing you need is love. Although a little chocolate doesn’t hurt now and then.” —Charles M. Schulz
- “When you can’t fall asleep, you know you’re in love because reality is finally better than your dreams.” —Dr. Seuss
- “Each other is the best thing to hold on to in life.” —Audrey Hepburn
- “Our real destiny is love. We don’t just find the essence of life, we find it in another.” —Thomas Merton
- “If in your life you find someone you love, then hang on to that love.” —Diana, Princess of Wales
- “For falling in love, you can’t blame gravity.”—Albert Einstein
- “It gives you power to be profoundly loved by others, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” —Lao Tzuzu
- “The heart has its reasons why nothing is known by reason.” —Blaise Pascal
- “They invented hugs to let people know without saying anything that you love them.” —Bil Keane
- For it was not you who whispered in my ear, but in my heart. “The lips you kissed were not my lips, but my soul.” —Judy Garland
- “Only one duty I know, and that is to love.” —Albert Camus
- “A better fate than wisdom is kisses.”—E.E. Cummings
- ” Yeah, if it comes to picking and naming you my, honey”, you are my Valentine every day! —Thomas Hood,
- “If you live to be a hundred, one day I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so that I never have to live without you.” —A.A. Milne
- “In love, there is still certain insanity. But in madness, there is still some explanation.” —Friedrich Nietzsche
- “When we are in love, we are most alive.” —John Updike
- “Love is a fire-caught friendship.” —Ann Landers
- “In this life, there is only one happiness, to love and be loved.” —George Sand
- “The future is now a thing of the past for me. “You have been my first love and you are going to be my last.” —Bob Dylan
- “There is no charm equal to the heart’s tenderness.” —Jane Austen
- “Today is Valentine’s Day-or Ransom Day, as men want to call it! —Jay Leno
- “How do I love you? Let the ways count me.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Love consists of a single soul that inhabits two bodies.” —Aristotle
- “There are never endings to true love stories.” —Richard Bach
- “Love isn’t something you discover. Everything that finds you is love.” —Loretta Young
- “Love is not helping the world move round. What makes the trip worthwhile is passion.” —Franklin P. Jones
- “Love is a treasure in a lifetime, and life with you is always such a pleasure my dear.”—Catherine Pulsifer
- “The basis of the celebration of Valentine’s Day is synonymous with passion. Its main figure and subject is passion. This is why both lovers and Valentine himself were set aside internationally on the 14th day of February.” —Felix Emiebi
- “You desire the good of the other person in true love. You like the other person in romantic love.” —Margaret Anderson
- “For any beauty, everywhere there is an eye to see it. There is an ear for any reality, somewhere to hear it. There is a heart somewhere to receive it with any passion.” —Ivan Panin
- “I am grateful that I have you as my best friend, lover, and fellow explorer for the rest of my life. Thank you for always helping me, forgiving me, respecting me, making me laugh, and making me a happier person.” —Raquel Martin
- “It is seeing the face of God to love another person.” —Les Miserables
- “Our passion continues togrow with each passing year.” For You Sweetheart “It’s more stunning than new falling snow.” —Catherine Pulsifer
- “It’s time to celebrate St. Valentine’s Day and show how much you enjoy and support everybody, from your friends to your mum! —Paul K. Stevens
- “Never above you. Never be beneath you. Still on your side.” —Walter Winchell
- “Their sweet voice to me is like music on the waters.” —Lord Byron
- “Many are the stars I see, but no star like you is in my vision.” —An English Saying
- “Maybe our imperfections make us so perfect for each other.” —Douglas McGrath
- “Your words are my nour, my wine is your breath. To me, you are everything.” —Sarah Bernhardt