Are you doubtful about how to export PST to MSG files? If so, here are the best and most complete ways for exporting Outlook PST to MSG files. Here, we will step by step tell you through the entire process by utilizing both professional solutions and manual approaches.
Before we begin the process, let’s compare PST to MSG files.
What is a PST File – Microsoft Outlook uses a PST to organize inbox contents, contacts, appointments, calendars, and other items. This is a single file that may be used to import and export a collection of emails and other items. It also aids in the coordination and management of external contacts. The maximum size of a PST file is set.
Previous versions of MS Outlook PST files are stored in the ANSI format, which has a 2GB limit, whereas later versions have a 20GB to 50GB limit.
What is an MSG File – An MSG file can be created or saved from an email message, contacts, or task created or saved in Microsoft Outlook. When you use the extension, you’re referring to a text file that contains a specific sort of data. It used to keep messages in plain text format, but now it stores emails in HTML format, together with images and other components. It should be labeled as such if it is being exported to preserve and store or to screen for viruses.
Reasons Why To Convert PST To MSG File
The following reasons are given below why to convert PST to MSG file.
- When users want to share a large number of Outlook emails at once. In this case, one must store Outlook emails in MSG format before exporting them.
- Take a PST file with 1000+ items in its inbox and a lot of organization. Make a quick phone call and send a targeted email to a customer or coworker.
- There’s a danger that your PST file will get corrupted. As a result, it’s a good idea to make a backup of the important PST files.
- Migrating Outlook emails or mailbox items to MSG is the only safe way to convert PST to MSG when you need to export Outlook data items to a hard disc.
- When Outlook files are saved in MSG format, there is less danger of data corruption.
Previously, we discussed various reasons to convert PST to MSG files. Now we’ll look at how to read MSG files manually.
Manual Methods Of How To Read MSG File
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods of how to read MSG file, which is listed below:
- How To Migrate PST to MSG File
- How To Export PST File With Attachments Using Professional Utility
Method 1: How To Migrate PST to MSG File
Using the manual method to export Outlook emails to MSG format. The method to convert a PST file to an MSG file is as follows.
- First, Launch MS Outlook and go to the appropriate folder.
- Choose an email and drag it to the desktop or an Explorer folder.
- To export PST to MSG, repeat the same instructions for other Outlook emails or mailbox items.
- After saving all of the required Outlook emails in MSG format, users can assemble the .zip folder to deliver the MSG files to the specified recipient.
- As a result, Outlook emails in MSG format can easily export PST file with attachments in an email to convert PST to MSG.
Earlier, We discussed the method of how to migrate PST to the MSG file. If the user finds any difficulty to perform the manual methods, we have a professional method to export PST files with attachments.
Limitations Of Manual Tricks To Export PST to MSG:
The following Limitations are given below to export PST to MSG:
- For non-technical users, manual techniques are difficult.
- It takes a significant amount of time, effort, and a lengthy process.
- Users are unable to convert PST files in bulk.
- For each email, users must go through the same process again and again.
Recently, We discussed the limitations of exporting PST to MSG by using manual methods in the simple steps. Now, we tell you how to export PST files with attachments using third-party software.
Method 2: How To Export PST File With Attachments Using Professional Utility
Here are various methods to migrate PST to MSG files. It works competently to export PST files with attachments. And, if you are searching for a PST to MSG Converter that works effectively to read MSG file, then third-party software is perfect. It is the best one-stop solution for extract MSG from PST file without data loss.
In the end, as we tell you, there are multiple techniques to export PST to MSG files without any data loss. To simplify the problem, we have introduced both manual and professional methods. As previously mentioned, the initial manual approaches have limitations. Following that, we discussed an IT professional-recommended automatic procedure. I hope your issue regarding how to export PST files with attachments is fixed now.