We have seen a dramatic shift in the last few decades from traditional textbooks and learning methods to more interactive digital textbooks, eBooks, and learning apps. These new methods of learning are making education more engaging, accessible, and effective for students.
Digital textbooks can be used to enhance the education process in many ways: we believe it is a good foundation for argumentation about what help eBooks can do for education in 2022. We can analyze that topic from two points of view: – Economic Analysis – Technological Analysis, and other befit of them!
How The Digitalization Of eBooks Will Change Education In 2022?
Education without books? What might that look like? These days, you’ll often hear discussions about electronic books vs. printed books. A lot of people have their own opinions on which one they prefer. But looking into the future, eBooks will play an important part in digitalized education. How exactly is an eBook going to help education in 2022?
In a utopian society, everyone is expected to have equal access to get knowledge from books. This can be achieved through eBook technology since it eliminates the demands for paper books and also helps reduce the cost of textbooks.
1. A New Generation of Digital Textbooks:
Textbooks appear on tablets regularly. Today, students use the iPad and its rival products from Amazon (Kindle Fire) and Barnes & Noble (Nook). The iPad version is often much cheaper than the paper version, so many students prefer to use EPUB or PDF files instead of carrying heavy books in their bags.
2. Technological Analysis of E-Textbooks:
- E-textbooks are high benefits for education, it includes high-resolution graphics, animations, and interactive elements too. It is very easy to access for study purposes. These have also an audio feature that helps students in reading and listening.
- Firstly, we can search and download any e-book online free of charge and read them on our computers or mobile phones. Like digital libraries and other websites, they are helpful to people who do not have much money but want to learn something new. We can take examples of student writers. For instance, when they sell their services under the tag of the essay writer for hire, they are backed up with extensive knowledge and tips. These digital books are a blessing for them and can be a substitute for expensive courses.
- Secondly, it is easy to carry e-books with you wherever you go because they are light and small. Kindle will become more popular than paper books in the future because people love new technologies that make their lives easier.
- Thirdly, it is possible to write notes in the margins of e-texts with a tablet pen or a mouse pointer on your computer screen. So, if you do not have anything to write with when reading an e-book, you can simply use your finger or a pen if you have a touch screen device. The page does not get dirty from your fingers like a real book either!
- The e-book contains digital learning resources that are also editable by teachers who wish to add their own unique teaching resources into them. These resources may include videos, websites, articles, tutorials, etc… These resources can be organized into different types of media such as text, video, audio, pictures, etc… The possibilities are endless!
Due to the demand and convenience, we can analyze that these E-textbooks will be higher benefits for education in the future of 2022.
3. Economic Revolution in Education Through E-Textbooks:
- The economic analysis is that electronic books are going to replace traditional books in the future. Now we are going to analyze how that could happen and what will be its impact in 2022. In a traditional school or college library, we can see around 2,000 to 10,000 books and these books are really heavy and big, so there will be a huge space required for these books and also for their storage. Whereas if we use Kindle instead of printed books then it would require very less storage space.
- Also, the electronic books would be very light because they will be made up of plastic or sheet-glass or some other kind of light material. Also with the help of them, we can have more information accessible on one book as compared to a printed book because printed books have very limited pages, so we can not add more pages in it. However, with the help of Kindle, we can add more information on one page through hyperlinks and also by changing font sizes and making.
- Digitalized education will reduce the cost of education in some cases like students do not need to go to the library and buy books, just they can download eBooks from the internet or get them from university database.
- Most students who rent their books will choose to rent digital copies instead of physical ones because they’re cheaper and more convenient (you can access them anywhere, on any device). And once that happens, it’s only a matter of time before the e-book format becomes the preferred format for college textbooks.
- It will make people more efficient because it will be more affordable for students and for the government.
- It is a part of technology and technology is making our lives easier and faster.
- It will provide a lot of opportunities to people who are not able to get well education due to high fees or any other problem.
- E-textbooks will save paper and thus the trees which is one of the biggest problems that we are facing today.
- electronic books will have better quality than paper books because there is no chance of getting damaged or torn for any reason.
More Beneficial Features:
Moreover, if we analyze some other features, then some are listed below;
● Up-To-Dated: These will be able to be updated instantly, without a new edition being produced, so the information in them will always be the most up-to-date and relevant to current events or topics.
● Personalization: These can be personalized for each student and each teacher so that students can work on their own individualized level of curriculum, and teachers can track the progress of each student and offer additional help as needed.
● Quality Assessment Tools: They have built-in assessment tools so that students can be tested and quizzed electronically, saving time spent on handwriting tests or grading papers.
● Fast and Interlinked Sources: These can contain hyperlinks to relevant information, videos, and other online resources such as YouTube videos or news reports, making research more interesting to students of all ages.
● Portable Feature: E-textbooks are portable, so they are easy to carry around in backpacks when traveling between home and school or school and extracurricular activities like sports practices or music lessons.
● Saves money in real term: It will save lots of money as it can be shared with multiple students, time would be saved, reduces the transportation or storage costs.
● No Biasedness: It delivers content or knowledge to all levels of students including rich and poor and supports multi-language readers. Every student can access the same set of books without regional biasedness.
It is clear that the future of education cannot be static and unchanging. While the success of ebooks will depend on how we use them, and how our creativity is utilized in new ways, the future of digital books does look promising. With their growing popularity among educators and their easy-to-use features, electronic books are bound to shake up the classroom atmosphere a bit in 2022 and beyond. If all goes as planned, students, teachers, librarians, and all other interested parties in the educational system are going to want to embrace ebooks at all levels.