There has always been a bit of surprise in voices talking about bitcoin. Previously, people had mixed emotions when it comes to the world of cryptocurrency. For most people, this form of virtual currency was nothing but a scam.
But with some of the proven points, people are getting a clear ground on what bitcoin is and why it is gaining such a great popularity rate nowadays. According to experts like Eric Dalius Bitcoin, bitcoin is here to stay and will change the way people see virtual currency in no time.
To prove his point, even more, the Federal Reserve Bank president states this virtual currency to be a store of the proper value. It states why more and more people are eyeing this field these days and not thinking about going otherwise.
As per the President of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, bitcoin now clearly has a store of value to it. He even emphasizes more the differences between cryptocurrencies like central bank-based digital currencies and bitcoin. After running some differences, he further stated that the central bank digital currencies might not be a store of value like that of bitcoin.
A perfect store of value as per Eric Dalius Bitcoin:
Robert Kaplan, the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, made it a point to let people know the main reality behind bitcoin. He did not just talk about this virtual currency but also shared his point towards the central bank digital currencies, better known as CBDCs, at the Texas A&M Bitcoin Conference 2021. This conference was hosted but the Mays Business School and had a gathering of some of the renowned financial experts and some novices, all under one umbrella!
- At first, Kaplan took the stage to explain the fact that he will make sure to distinguish between the central bank digital currencies and bitcoin, as these two sectors are not quite the same.
- He stated that he would differentiate between any cryptocurrencies like bitcoin along with the discussions, which are associated with this field of digital currency.
- While talking about this differentiation, he mentioned the digital yuan experiment in China as one example to let people know more about this field.
- After that, he proceeded to state that the challenge that bitcoin is facing right now is on how widely it can be adopted within the new couple of years.
During this stage, he was heard stating that at present, bitcoin is clearly one store of value and should be handled with care and utmost severity. If used proficiently and by following all the rules and regulations, it becomes easier to head towards profitable deals with such cryptocurrencies.
More points as explained in the discussion:
As per Eric Dalius Bitcoin, there are some other explanations to be done when it comes to the field of bitcoin, and the president made it a point to cover the main topics in this Bitcoin Conference of 2021.
He was further heard stating that bitcoin has obviously moved quite a lot when it comes to value. That might keep this cryptocurrency from spreading way too far as one medium of exchange and even wide adoption. However, this note can easily change as bitcoin is one volatile market, and in the future, this section might evolve quite a lot.
In some other notes as mentioned:
Apart from the points mentioned already, in some of the other segments, the Federal bank chief further confirmed that he, along with this well-trained and knowledgeable team, has studied the points intensely and will further keep studying bitcoin alongside some of the other major cryptocurrencies in this field.
Not only that, but after covering the topic of bitcoin, the expert further talked about the other side of the coin, which consists of central bank digital currencies. For this sector, he emphasized that the discussions, which are taking place globally on the field of digital currency, will remain a bit different in the field that digital currency will not necessarily hold a store of value within.
In case people are worried about the value associated with the underlying currency, digital currency is tied to the value of the underlying. The China example was taken into consideration to prove the point. Furthermore, he explained that it is also a way of ease of payment, focusing on the domestic payments first and helping to get the money where it is needed at that time.
The major note from China:
The president, to prove his point, further explained that in some of the cases, you might argue in China that it might be a way to monitor the flow. And ultimately, how far this section is likely to flow, and there have been some speculations made about the globalized payments along with the said implications.
- But, when it comes to the field of the digital dollar, in February, the Federal Reserve Chairman, Mr. Jerome Powell, mentioned that Fed is on its way and actively studying all the possibilities of issuing digital dollars.
- He even emphasized that it is going to be one very high priority-based project for the entire Fed sector.
- On the other hand, the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, along with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or MIT, plan to work together for unveiling a minimum of two prototypes of the digital dollar.
- They are noted to take this project up with utmost priority and planning to unveil the digital dollar within the third quarter of the year 2021.
The urge is on:
From the points mentioned by the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, bitcoin is still making the headlines and will turn out to be a massive investment platform in no time. However, if you are making plans to invest money in this sector, it is vital to learn everything possible about this section first. Being one volatile market, it is really important to know more about the cryptocurrency sector and then work on this platform.